If cyclists had a wish – they’d ask that their cycle’s tires never get punctured. Well, that’s only a wish, which has a rare possibility. However, there are certain steps to ensure that the cyclists do not face flat tires very often. It’s about the care of tires that cyclists need to do. For that reason, a bicycle pump is always helpful for them.
Certainly, the buyers would figure out themselves on which bicycle pump to purchase, but that’s just one part of the story. The other part tells how cyclists suffer on their rides when that particular bike pump isn’t working properly anymore. Typically, every buyer assumes that a branded product is a safe deal, however, it is not true. It is the practicality and durability of the pump that keeps it going. Let’s go further into the topic.
Ordering a bike floor pump seems way too easier in the normal brick-and-mortar shops, which may be true to a point. Ultimately, it is the performance that showcases if it’s worth it or not. There are certain factors that buyers need to consider when they want to buy a bike pump from the store:
1. Valves – New cyclists who didn’t have any experience with the valve configuration rarely focus this much on this attribute. On the other hand, the regular cyclists would check the valve configuration a way too early. The bike pumps that come with dual combination of Presta and Schrader valves are more preferable by the experts. If someone owns multiple bikes, then it is convenient for them.
2. Lock configuration – There are two types: the chuck and locking lever and the screw on type. The former is an easy-to-use type while the latter is a good sealing equipment. Hence, both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Buyers should look into this feature of the pump and choose whichever is suitable for usage. The majority of cyclists prefers the chuck and locking lever type.
3. Hose length – The longer the better. Generally, a floor pump with a shorter hose doesn’t allow that convenience to pump up the tire from a distance, so it feels congested whereas the longer hoses allow to inflate the tires easily. In fact, as a thumb rule, many experts prefer the pump with hoses twice the size of their barrel.
4. Gauge – For many cyclists, accuracy in the gauge is an imperative. Since it is related to accuracy and usability, the buyers should opt for the pumps that mentions about this feature. Moreover, it gives the feeling that the tires are inflated in the right way as they should.
5. Base – High-quality construction, durable barrel, accurate psi, everything is important. But, if the base is not strong enough, then there would a massive difficulty while inflating the tire. Therefore, it is necessary for buyers to check this quality.
As compared to the offline modes, the online suppliers offer more lucrative deals on their websites. For example, discounted rates, guarantee and warranty, bonus repair kits and so on are really helpful for a buyer.
Author Resource Box:-
Michael James is a Marketing Professional and an avid cyclist. Throughout his years of experience, he examined various brands selling different kinds of bike floor pump and observed buyer’s behavior. He advises buyers to order a bicycle pump online instead of visiting a local retailer. Online shoppers have benefited in various aspects after ordering a bike floor pump from the genuine websites.